Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Pretty Fields

You've already seen some of the images I have drawn up for the Evil Forest...but so far I haven't even looked into what the fields at the start are going to look like. I know I want the sun to be high in the sky and for it to flare in the lens on several occasions. I also know that I want it to be very bright and vibrant, so that when the piece goes dark and maniacal it the stark contrast is evident. On that premise, here is a bit of research into some lovely English fields.

Lovely background and immediately something I hadn't originally considered even bringing into my piece. The intro chase scene is pretty much sorted.

Perspective. This image came in really handy as a reference when I made my first background for the piece. The way you can see the grass more and more individually as it gets closer to the camera was something I really wanted to get into my piece.

I love this shot. Classic English countryside.

I didn't consider using something like this...having the boy in a field full of flowers would really help to show his innocence.

I love the way the fields almost look as if they are knitted. The sky in the background is really wonderful too.

This was a lucky find and I will be using it to reference the boys house when he waves to his mother.

Love the white gate - yet more scenery I never considered for my piece.

This patch work field really helps to show off the nuances of the grass that surrounds us. It isn't all just green and randomly poking up, it is many colours, textures and varieties. I would do well to remember that when it comes to doing the backgrounds for the piece.

So there is a lot more to fields that I originally considered. I think I would do well to remember that when it comes to designing some of my final backgrounds.

No comments: